There Are Currently 28 Chapters Of The Penguin Project Across 15 States!
Why Become a Penguin Project?
- Children with disabilities/special needs have limited opportunity to participate in community activities.
- Children with disabilities/special needs have limited opportunity to interact with their typically developing peers.
- Participation in community theatre has therapeutic value in enhancing socialization, communication, and self esteem.
- A theatre program for children with disabilities/special needs provides a valuable community service while promoting increased awareness of your theatre
- A theatre program for children with disabilities/special needs will provide an additional revenue stream for your organization. Our model has proven to be financially viable, with revenue exceeding expenses for every production at all of our sites. By developing a program for children with disabilities, you will increase your ticket sales to your other productions and develop a new source of company members. Friends and families of children with disabilities represent an untapped market for potential theatre-goers and members of your organization
“I went to my daughter’s IEP meeting today and her teachers all spoke of how much she had changed this year. The Penguin Project has dramatically improved her self-confidence and brought her out of her shell”