The Penguin Project Foundation Mentor Scholarship for Special Services majors has been established to support Penguin mentors who will be pursuing post-secondary education in a two- or four-year college or university. Applicants must have declared a major that relates to Special Services which can include, but is not limited to, majors such as: Special Education, Speech and Hearing Sciences, Music Therapy, Nursing, Behavioral Sciences, Occupational Therapist/Occupational Therapy Assistant, and Physical Therapist/Physical Therapist Assistant. The scholarship may be used for tuition, room and board, books and mandatory student fees. All information submitted will be held in confidence and used solely for the purpose of scholarship administration.
Amount: $1000 for a one-year scholarship, 4 scholarships available
- Be a graduating high school senior in the spring of 2020 OR currently enrolled in post-secondary education
- Will be attending an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the fall 2020
- Minimum GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must have participated in a Penguin Project Chapter as a fulltime mentor or swing mentor for a minimum of three years OR during the last two years including the most recent production
- All components of the application must be received by the due date
Deadline for submission is June 30th, 2020. Completed application, letters of recommendation, and transcript must all be received by deadline.
Use of scholarship funds: Scholarships will be paid directly to the institution of higher learning and may be applied to the cost of tuition, room and board, mandatory school fees, and books. If the recipient withdraws from school early, any unused funds will be returned to The Penguin Project Foundation.