The Penguin Project Foundation General Mentor Scholarship has been established to support Penguin mentors who will be pursuing post-secondary education in a two- or four-year college or university or a trade/technical/vocational school. The scholarship may be used for tuition, room and board, books and mandatory student fees. All information submitted will be held in confidence and used solely for the purpose of scholarship administration.
This scholarship is for general studies to further your education. If you are planning to major in a Special Services area such as nursing, special education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, etc., please complete the Special Services Application.
Amount: $1000 for a one-year scholarship, 4 scholarships available
- Be a graduating high school senior in the spring of 2020 OR already enrolled in post-secondary education
- Will be attending an accredited two- or four-year, college or university or trade/vocational/technical school in the fall 2020
- Minimum GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must have participated in a Penguin Project Chapter as a fulltime mentor or swing mentor for a minimum of three years OR during the last two years including the most recent production
- All components of the application must be received by the due date
Deadline for submission is June 30th, 2020. Completed application, letters of recommendation, and transcript must all be received by deadline.
Use of scholarship funds: Scholarships will be paid directly to the institution of higher learning and may be applied to the cost of tuition, room and board, mandatory school fees, and books. If the recipient withdraws from school early, any unused funds will be returned to The Penguin Project Foundation.